Reply To: Scrips 2011

Herbalist Forums Scripts Scrips 2011 Reply To: Scrips 2011

Keymaster

Gails Remedy—Tumeric-Paprika-Cayenne-Pineapple-Bioflavonoid

Take the centre core of a pineapple and slice it for the blender then add the bioflavonoids of any citrus—1/2 cup-add Paprika Hot 1/8 cup add Red Pepper 1/8 cup and add Tumeric ¼ cup and a ¼ cup of water to get started—add the water and the bioflavonoid and the herbs to the mix and blend til mixed

Then add the pineapple—this will turn to a Gold colour

Allow it to purree till completely fused— and then use 1-2 tablespoons

This will be a bit on the warm side

Benefits

The effect will be increased circulation—almost a complete relief of pain in moments-maybe used for migraine as well—will increases permeability of the blood vessels and veins—will minimize arterial blockage In the brain—increase circulation—potent antioxidant synergy- Antiinflammatory-AntiCancer-Organ Support-Liver-Heart-Intestine-Stomach-Lung-Immune Stabilzer

Chemical Found in Crude Oil Linked to Congenital Heart Disease: Fetal Exposure to Solvents May Damage Heart

ScienceDaily (May 1, 2011) — While it may be years before the health effects of the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico are known, a new study shows that fetal exposure to a chemical found in crude oil is associated with an increased risk of congenital heart disease (CHD).–The study, presented on April 30 at the Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) annual meeting in Denver, also showed that babies who had been exposed in utero to a chemical found in cleaning agents and spot removers were at increased risk of CHD.–Environmental causes of CHD have been suspected, and animal studies have suggested certain chemicals may cause CHD, a problem with the heart’s structure and function due to abnormal heart development before birth.–“Congenital heart disease is a major cause of childhood death and life-long health problems,” said D. Gail McCarver, MD, FAAP, lead author of the study and professor of pediatrics at the Medical College of Wisconsin and Children’s Research Institute, Milwaukee. “Thus, identifying risk factors contributing to CHD is important to public health.”—Dr. McCarver and her colleagues sought to determine whether human fetal exposure to solvents is associated with increased risk for CHD. The researchers tested samples of meconium, or fetal stool, from 135 newborns with CHD and 432 newborns without CHD. Meconium has been used to assess fetal exposure to illicit drugs such as cocaine. Seventeen compounds were measured in meconium samples using methods that detect very low levels of chemicals.–Additional data collected included race of the mothers and infants, family history for CHD, and maternal alcohol, tobacco, vitamin and drug use.–Infants with chromosomal abnormalities known to be linked to CHD, and babies of diabetic mothers were excluded from the study.—Results showed that 82 percent of infants had evidence of intrauterine exposure to one or more of the solvents measured.–Among white infants, but not black infants, fetal exposure to ethyl benzene was associated with a four-fold increased risk of CHD. In addition, exposure to trichloroethylene was associated with a two-fold increased risk for CHD among white infants and an eight-fold increased risk among black infants.–“This is the first report that exposure to ethyl benzene, a compound present in crude oil, was associated with CHD,” Dr. McCarver said. Humans also can be exposed to ethyl benzene through inhalation of motor vehicle emissions, gasoline pump vapors and cigarette smoke.—“The association with ethyl benzene exposure is concerning, particularly considering recent oil spills,” she said. “However, additional confirmatory studies are needed.” The study also adds to existing concerns about trichloroethylene (TCE). “This is of particular importance because TCE is a commonly used degreasing agent, which also is present in many cleaners and spot removers. TCE also has been the most common chemical identified around hazardous waste sites,” Dr. McCarver said.”Limiting known maternal exposure to this compound during early pregnancy appears prudent, particularly among those at increased CHD risk,” Dr. McCarver concluded.–Story Source–The above story is reprinted (with editorial adaptations by ScienceDaily staff) from materials provided by American Academy of Pediatrics, via EurekAlert!, a service of AAAS.

Response to a remedy for Diabetes

Hey Tony!

I wanted to drop you a note to let you know how the green drink and bitter mellon is working.–I have been fighting diabetes since I had chemo 15 years ago.-I could control it with diet for couple years then things just started getting worse. Went to oral meds then finally insulin. Also I have always had dawn phenomenon, high sugar spikes in the morning always over 120.
I’ve been to the point where I was taking 1500 mg of Metformen, 4 mg of Glimepiride and 24 units of Lantus a day. I’ve had blood sugars over 500 before.
With strict diet I’ve got down to 4 mg of Glimepiride and 18 units of Lantus for the last year or so still sugars 120 to 230 range. I have done all the chromium, cinnamon, etc. alternative things nothing effected my sugars at all.
And now I have pancreatic cancer. I started the black seed from you about a month ago. I started the green drink and bitter melon about five days ago.
I had a hard time getting ingredients for the green drink or would of started a long time ago. Anyway couple days ago I woke up with the shakes, my sugar was 65! That is unheard of for me. Also I have large spikes after I eat to, over 200, first day I had 65 in the morning and didn’t take the 4 mg of Glimepiride my sugar after lunch went to 107! Next morning I was 65 again. Night before I had stew with more good carb then I normally eat. I had blood work this morning so I didn’t want to start dropping the Insulin the night before. This morning sugar was 50! So I’ll start cutting the Insulin back tonight. I can’t believe my pancreas is working so well. Sorry I’m so long winded, but I wanted to let you know. I keep saying this but I really need to get up and see you, I need to load up on products and info. Thanks
Bill Barrett
WGB in the chat room. I’m going to be on the road to day, and in a motel tonight, but I’ll still try to catch the Friday show.

Vitamin B3 Reduces Alzheimer’s Symptoms, Lesions: Clinical Trial On Nicotinamide Effect In Alzheimer’s Patients

ScienceDaily (Nov. 5, 2008) — An over-the-counter vitamin in high doses prevented memory loss in mice with Alzheimer’s disease, and UC Irvine scientists now are conducting a clinical trial to determine its effect in humans. -Nicotinamide, a form of vitamin B3, lowered levels of a protein called phosphorylated tau that leads to the development of tangles, one of two brain lesions associated with Alzheimer’s disease. The vitamin also strengthened scaffolding along which information travels in brain cells, helping to keep neurons alive and further preventing symptoms in mice genetically wired to develop Alzheimer’s.–“Nicotinamide has a very robust effect on neurons,” said Kim Green, UCI scientist and lead author of the study. “Nicotinamide prevents loss of cognition in mice with Alzheimer’s disease, and the beauty of it is we already are moving forward with a clinical trial.”–The study appears online Nov. 5 in the Journal of Neuroscience. Nicotinamide is a water-soluble vitamin sold in health food stores. It generally is safe but can be toxic in very high doses. [U1]Clinical trials have shown it benefits people with diabetes complications and has anti-inflammatory properties that may help people with skin conditions.

Nicotinamide belongs to a class of compounds called HDAC inhibitors, which have been shown to protect the central nervous system in rodent models of Parkinson’s and Huntington’s diseases and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Clinical trials are underway to learn whether HDAC inhibitors help ALS and Huntington’s patients.–In the nicotinamide study, Green and his colleague, Frank LaFerla, added the vitamin to drinking water fed to mice. They tested the rodents’ short-term and long-term memory over time using water-maze and object-recognition tasks and found that treated Alzheimer’s mice performed at the same level as normal mice, while untreated Alzheimer’s mice experienced memory loss.–The nicotinamide, in fact, slightly enhanced cognitive abilities in normal mice. “This suggests that not only is it good for Alzheimer’s disease, but if normal people take it, some aspects of their memory might improve,” said LaFerla, UCI neurobiology and behavior professor.–Scientists also found that the nicotinamide-treated animals had dramatically lower levels of the tau protein that leads to the Alzheimer’s tangle lesion. The vitamin did not affect levels of the protein beta amyloid, which clumps in the brain to form plaques, the second type of Alzheimer’s lesion. Nicotinamide, they found, led to an increase in proteins that strengthen microtubules, the scaffolding within brain cells along which information travels. When this scaffolding breaks down, the brain cells can die. Neuronal death leads to dementia experienced by Alzheimer’s patients.–“Microtubules are like highways inside cells. What we’re doing with nicotinamide is making a wider, more stable highway,” Green said. “In Alzheimer’s disease, this highway breaks down. We are preventing that from happening.” Story Source–The above story is reprinted (with editorial adaptations by ScienceDaily staff) from materials provided by University of California – Irvine.

Benefits Of Niacin or Niacinamide-

In Sleep

Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide form – 100 mg per night) facilitates the production of Melatonin (this occurs from the fact that the body uses some of its Tryptophan for the production of Niacinamide function – if pre-formed Niacinamide is provided, this “frees up” more Tryptophan for its other function, the production of Melatonin).

Alcohol Protection

The Nicotinic Acid form of Vitamin B3 (500 mg per day) may reduce the craving for Alcohol (ethanol) in persons afflicted with Alcoholism and the Niacinamide form of Vitamin B3 may exert a similar effect.

-The Niacinamide form of Vitamin B3 may reduce Acetaldehyde levels (Acetaldehyde is the metabolite of Alcohol that causes most of the toxic effects associated with Alcohol consumption).

-Niacinamide may inhibit the ability of Alcohol (ethanol) to damage the Liver.

Niacin is used for high cholesterol. It is also used along with other treatments for circulation problems, migraine headache, dizziness, and to reduce the diarrhea associated with cholera. Niacin is also used for preventing positive urine drug screens in people who take illegal drugs.

Niacinamide is used for treating diabetes and two skin conditions called bullous pemphigoid and granuloma annulare.

Added Info

Niacin or niacinamide is used for preventing vitamin B3 deficiency and related conditions such as pellagra. Each of these forms of vitamin B3 is used for schizophrenia, hallucinations due to drugs, Alzheimer’s disease and age-related loss of thinking skills, chronic brain syndrome, depression, motion sickness, alcohol dependence, and fluid collection (edema). Some people use niacin or niacinamide for acne, leprosy, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), memory loss, arthritis, preventing premenstrual headache, improving digestion, protecting against toxins and pollutants, reducing the effects of aging, lowering blood pressure, improving circulation, promoting relaxation, improving orgasm, and preventing cataracts.
Niacinamide is applied to the skin for treating a skin condition called inflammatory acne vulgaris—

Osteoarthritis. Taking niacinamide seems to improve joint flexibility and reduce pain and swelling. Some people who take niacinamide might be able to cut down on standard painkilling medications.

Alzheimer’s disease. People who consume higher amounts of niacin from food and multivitamin sources seem to have a lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease than people who consume less niacin. But there is no evidence that taking a stand-alone niacin supplement helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.

Heart disease, including “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis).

Reducing the risk of a second heart attack in men with heart or circulatory disorders.

Diarrhea from an infection called cholera.

Diabetes, types 1 and 2.

Prevention and treatment of cataracts, an eye condition.

[U1]The dose we are talking here is in gram alottments not miligrams unless you are in the gram range and usually any doctor worth his salt will gradually ramp you to the higher levels for cholesterol or bipolar issues-minimizing and lethal effects–in years past they would give 1000-1500mgs for cholesterol regulating but if the Doctor gave it all at once then there were issues –but if gradual up take was given to reach the higher dose then there were no implications or unwanted issues-

********************************************************************************************